Here is another item recently acquired by the Library/Archives Division. It’s the dedication program for the Arcadia Township Library from 1917. The library was designed by the Lincoln firm of Fiske and Meginnis. It was built with funding provided by the Carnegie Corporation. Additional funds donated by members of the Arcadia community and raised by the Arcadia Ladies Up-to-Date Club were used to purchase the building site and to furnish the library. The cornerstone for the building was laid on March 24, 1917.
The program includes a brief history about the building project as well as rules for patrons of the library.
The NSHS County files contain a wealth of information about the various counties and towns throughout the state. For more information, contact the Library/Archives Division.
Tom Mooney – Curator of Manuscripts